Tuesday 26 March 2019

It is my BUSINESS 🚢🚢🚢


 it is

I'd invest my time, energy, resources and know how to give you exactly what you want, sometimes exceeding your expectations and you'd be pricing me as if I am selling pepper or appleπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’.

Today's blog post is as a result of my conversation with one of my friends. And so I have decided to put words out.

To all entrepreneurs please learn to say NO to certain jobsπŸ™…πŸΌ‍♂πŸ™…πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™…πŸΌ‍♂πŸ™…πŸΌ‍♀. You cannot be doing a job with a profit of just five hundred naira (500) or one thousand (1000) this is crazy. If you do this you are demeaning your value.


It is your business, your dream, your source of livelihood and I want to believe you had a vision on where and how big you want it to grow. 🀷🏼‍♀🀷🏼‍♀🀷🏼‍♀


It is time to flush some annoying clients/customers, yes flush them. If you know the worth of your business then don't settle for lessπŸ™…πŸΌ‍♂πŸ™…πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™…πŸΌ‍♂. Do not go for little all in the name of "at all at all man must get job" πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„ What's that? Trust me I did all of that and it got me nowhere πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’Infact I was going in circles until I decided to give myself brain.

Who says you won't get customers? If you are good at what you do, someone who's gonna appreciate your handwork will  stresslessly come to you.

I remembered when I was doing rubbish jobs I kept doing it cos I didn't wanna loose the small customers I had and I felt the small money coming in was something at least, until one day I charged a lady 10k for a very simple straight gown and she paid stresslessly πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀. I just didn't wanna scream in front of her but e reach to scream 🀦🏼‍♀😱😱😱😱.
Ha, haπŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀ this aunty gave me 10k with out pricing for a simple gown, no design, no nothing. Anhan! I thought it was film, she collected the gown, gave me money and was like OMG! Wendy you did a nice job this is so neat. She asked if she could try it on. I said she could. She wore it, came in front of my mirror and was admiring herself. "This is exactly what I want thanks", she beamed.
"Thanks", I said, happy that she appreciated my work.

She went further saying "I saw some of your works on Instagram. I was skeptical but decided I'd try anyways, after all I've made something like this for 15k and I got bullshit". "Keep it up, you sow neatly", she concluded. I smiled, saw her off to the gate, came back to my house and was still in shockπŸ˜±πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀πŸ™†πŸΌ‍♀😱😱.


That day I said to my self Choi Wendy you've been a foolish foolπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£, see as you don dey rubbish your business since πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ dey collect 2k,3k with abeg😑😑😑😑. Kai the thing pain me.

That was the first time I made something for her and ever since then I became her customer, infact not just hers but also her friends she referred to me.


I also wanna advice you run away from customers who know your worth but feel without them you are nothing. They feel if they don't give you job, you no go chopπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’.

I rather stay for days with no job than do a job with a profit of  500 or 1k.πŸ˜’πŸ™„πŸ˜’ And if you are him or her don't cross my pathπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’.

May God bless the works of our hands and send us the right people we need for our businesses to grow. Amen
really so annoying how people will help us choose a price on a service we are rendering to them😑😑😑😑... It's really irritating.

2 comments: