Thursday 7 March 2019

The Secret Provider

He comes back home late. Sometimes we don't even see him before bed time, then he leaves very early the next morning. Not understanding how hard daddy works to provide for us i would ask my mum "Mummy, why is daddy never around?" She would reply calmly "nne cos he has to work so he can have money to take care of you. I'd hiss and walk away. I really never understood what kind of work dad does that makes him leave the house early and come back home late.

"Mom, I haven't paid my school fees"
Mom: yeah I know. Not just you, your brothers too. But I'll come and pay all your fees tomorrow.

"Dad why do you always come back home late?"
Dad: I'm sorry kids there's been so much work to do these days and the traffic is crazy. Sorry kids I am so tired and I have to go to bed early cause Daddy has to be up early for work.

Daddy doesn't love us like mom does. He always wanna leave.

Mom: honey the kids haven't paid their fees, food stuffs is finished and the rent would expire in two weeks time.

Dad: Yeah I  had in mind to drop money for those yesterday but was too tired. I have the kids fees and money for the house keep. Please go to my bag you'll see two envelops, I wrote what each is for. Baby remind me today during my lunch time that I am supposed to pay rent so I can call the landlord and make the rent transfer.

Mom: thanks honey for all the care, for the sleepless nights just so you can provide for me and the kids..... We love you

Dad: Love you too baby

I wanna say a very big shout out to all the responsible dad's out there who have to work so hard to provide for their families, even when they know their absence hurts their kids but they have to do what they have to do to keep the family comfortable.

Mothers, kids of this generation are smarter and bolder. They speak up, unlike our time, when kids cant dare to express their displeasure to their parents. We should always let them know how much their dad loves them, let them know it is daddy who brings money for their fees and all those ice cream they lick and the new clothes they wear.

Even if you help your husband with some bills do not take his glory, let the kids know the role their dad plays, that way you will help them understand why he has to leave for work early and come back late and tired. If not these kids would build up their own walls around their dad...

My dad was the pillar of my family. Yeah mom helped out sometimes, but I understood how important his sleepless nights was for the family when he passed away.

He was "The secret provider" yet mom took all the credit cos when we want money for anything we go to her and she gives us. So we assumed it is hers not knowing what had transpired between mom and dad in our absence.

Moms, your job doesn't end at just bringing up the kids. Let them know the sacrifice their dad makes every day to make them have a comfortable home.

I dedicate this to every dad out there who put their families first and makes huge sacrifices to ensure that their families are comfortable. And to other dads who are not living up to their responsibilities, this is definitely time for a change.
I love you Dad... always.

No comments:

Post a Comment